Ancohuma Trip Reports
NOTE: Trip reports were previously called "Summit Logs" - same feature, new name
There are 11 trip reports for Ancohuma.
Select any entry from the list below:
- Log #18889 - by Peter Pruckner on Feb 14, 2006regular route from Laguna Glacial
- Log #176 - by Peter Pruckner on Oct 28, 2003Came to vistit my Page. you will found many Infos for Ancohuma and Illampu. www.skysorata.com
- Log #177 - by
whitman on Sep 03, 2003got too excited, drank too much water, ended up too sick to summit. looked beautiful. will try again at a better pace. -whitman
- Log #178 - by
thomas on Aug 30, 2003We summitted in perfect weather and route conditions after a sleepless night due to a storm.
- Log #179 - by fourure on July 13, 2003summit by the north west ridge alone without guide or porter take care for the stole in BC for informations mail me
- Log #180 - by Hermann Kiendler on Feb 22, 2003I did this mountain again with my wife on our honeymoon. We took a porter from Sorata, walked up to Laguna Glacier and set up a high camp on the beginning of the glacier. The porter had just sandals,...
- Log #181 - by Bruce Cuthbertson on Feb 22, 2000Pitched up with an Irish lad and a Kiwi. We approached directly from Sorata,getting mules to around 4200m on the 1st day and carried on independantly. Set up camps at 4400m, base camp at 5000m...
- Log #182 - by Christian Ranke on Aug 23, 1999I did the summit solo. The guide from Sorata only had plastic sandals, no sun glasses etc. So I equipped him with a ski stick, my trekking shoes etc. High camp at around 5700m.
- Log #183 - by Håkon Hauan on Aug 06, 1999High camp at 5700m. Started 05:00 in the morning. Direct access to the summit from the west. 1 pitch with steep ice climbing close to the top and steep climbing in compact snow.
- Log #184 - by HARZALLAH THIERRY ET CLAIRE FUMEY on Jan 22, 1999Superbe sommet ! malheureusement nous n'avons pas atteint le sommet. Nous sommes arrives a 60 metres sous le sommet, sur l'arete le temps et la fatigue de certains nous ont conduits a faire demi-tour...
- Log #185 - by Ben Folsom on Oct 22, 1998Great Peak, Super windy on summit ridge. Be real careful for rockfall on the descent when the sun is warming the west face.