Mount Washington Summit Log (#20672)
- Signed By: John & Lindsy Aragona
- Date Submitted: February 20, 2007
- Date(s) climbed: 9/01/2006
- Number of People Encountered: 11-25 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Perfectly clear day with little to no wind. Hiked up via Lions Head to summit. Beautiful views from the summit but a little crowded. Hiked down to Lake of the Clouds Hut via Crawford Path.....still amazing views and not a cloud in the sky. Spent the night at the hut.....defenitly the best hut up there by far, they have great food!! Saw a beautiful sunset.
Hiked out the next day in 50 mile an hour winds and 30 degree tempatures and litte visability. Hiked down Boots Spur, wind was pretty strong, knocked us down a few times.
Perfect summit day and amazing hike!! Can't wait to come back!!