Kings Peak Summit Log (#22163)
- Signed By: Caj E Svensson
- Date submitted: April 14, 2011
- Date(s) climbed: 2004-07-11
- Number of People Encountered:11-25 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Highly
Started out at Henry's Fork trailhead and hiked along the trail to an area near Dollar Lake. Camped and then hiked up to Gunsight Pass, tried to follow a high line over the flat part towards Anderson Pass. Turned S to scramble up to the top. Very few people on the mountain. We saw more groups in the valley.
On the way back to camp, we met this guy that drove in from SLC in the morning, hiked to the top and back to his car, to drive back to SLC in one day!
This was the first highpoint in the 2004 vacation.
This is our 27th State Highpoint.