Mount Marcy Summit Log (#21995)
- Signed By: Etienne Gosselin
- Date Submitted: July 05, 2010
- Date(s) climbed: July 26th 2010
- Number of People Encountered: 25-50 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Neutral
Very stenuous hike. I started at the Adirondack Loj at 9:30, reached the summit at 2:00 and was back at 6:00 PM. I barely stopped, other than my 30 minutes photo stop at the summit and at the Marcy dam. Round trip is close to 25km, and to me this is a lot. Not everyone can do such hike. If you go be prepared, this is a huge task.
I'm an experienced hiker and would rank this as one of the most difficult hike I have done because of the distance and trail conditions (muddy).
I recommend to fit and experienced hikers, not to the overall week-end hikers.