Marapara West Peak
Marapara West Peak Summit Log (#22313)
- Signed By: Dennis S. Ella
- Date Submitted: March 28, 2012
- Date(s) climbed: December 30, 2000
- Number of People Encountered: 0-10 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Neutral
With two Patag guides, I climbed Marapara West Peak through the North Ridge in the second day of our camping trip in Sulfatara-Gamay with Ernina Defino and Mariebelle Porras. The two women decided to stay in the camp while I led our climbing party up the trail on the wooded North Ridge until it petered out on the summit-wall.
It took us only two hours to reach the highest point on the summit-ridge, more than half of which were spent scrambling on the wall.
We discovered World War II artifacts around the summit, which is shrouded in fog.