Bilar Peak Summit Log (#22304)
- Signed By: Dennis S. Ella
- Date Submitted: March 16, 2012
- Date(s) climbed: April 9, 1998
- Number of People Encountered: 25-50 people
- Recommend to a Friend: Neutral
Our party composed of Joel Bernina, Federico Nacion, Ryan Nacion and Dennis Ella (me) arrived in Bilar town by mid-morning on April 9, 1998 to visit the Raja Sikatuna National Park. On a Holy Thursday, the cottages and swimming pool fed by Logarita Spring in the park teemed with visitors.
After pitching our tents and having our lunch, we lost no time in climbing Bilar Peak through a trail we learned from a park caretaker. We had very little trouble covering the trail in less than one hour. There is not much to see from the peak which is wooded. We had some bit of confusion on our way down when we tried a few trail-branches.