The Taurus Mountains are the southern range in Turkey, bordering on the Mediterranean Sea. When seen from sea, the range presents a formidable crest-line of steep rocky peaks, dozens of which top 3,000 meters. The range is snow-covered in Winter and patches of snow remain permanently on the higher slopes. In Spring, the rivers swell from the melt-off and rage wildly to the Mediterranean. The best time to climb in the region is June and July.
The highest peak of the Taurus Mountains is Erciyas Dag (12848 ft/ 3916m).
Peaks of Taurus Mountains
Check out any of the following peaks for additional information:
- Atkuyruksallamaz - 9446 ft./2879 m.
- Baba Dagi - 6526 ft./1989 m.
- Davraz - 8694 ft./2650 m.
- Demirkazik - 12323 ft./3756 m.
- Dipoyraz - 9865 ft./3007 m.
- Eren - 8816 ft./2687 m.
- Kizlarsivrisi - 10125 ft./3086 m.
- Kucuk Demirkazik - 11155 ft./3400 m.
- Medetsiz - 11562 ft./3524 m.
- Tahtali Dagi - 7759 ft./2365 m.
- Uyluk Peak - 9921 ft./3024 m.